Best Time To Visit Singapore 2022

Year-round accessibility is one of Singapore’s greatest assets. Singapore’s year-round average temperature is between 25 and 33 degrees Celcius.

Singapore has two distinct seasons: a dry season (March to September) and a wet season (October to February) (October to February). Although November and December are the rainiest months, just 1 to 2 hours of rain per day are common even then.

Basically, you can’t go wrong if you plan your trip to Singapore at the right time. The majority of the year is fine, except for a few key occasions (e.g., Chinese New Year, Formula One weekend), which are nearly completely sold out and thus quite expensive to stay in.

In this post, you can learn more about the travel time and essential dates.

Marina Bay Sands, Singapore

To begin with, you should know that Singapore is a year-round tourist destination because of its year-round hot weather.

Temperatures in July and December typically range between 25 and 27 degrees Celsius(77 to 80.6 Fahrenheit). Only bring light summer clothing and perhaps a light coat for your vacation to Singapore.

Even though it feels like summer all year long, you should be aware that storms can happen at any time and should be avoided at all costs.

Before making a decision on the ideal time to visit Singapore, think about why you’re going there in the first place. Singapore is a great destination to go shopping and take part in a variety of events throughout the year.

> In February, the weather is pleasant in more than 20% of the territory of Singapore
> The best months to visit Singapore are January, February, March, May, June, July, August, September and October
> On average, it is hot all year round in Singapore
> The rainiest months in this city are November and December
> The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round in Singapore

Climate and Weather in Singapore

white and blue concrete building under blue sky during daytime singapore weather

Due to its proximity to the equator, Singapore has a hot and humid tropical environment. This climate is year-round, although it gets a lot worse in May and continues until September.

Since May, Singapore has seen “Sumatran shocks,” a phenomenon characterized by very powerful storms that last only a few minutes. These storms can endure until October, but they can start as early as April and continue throughout the rest of the year.

Singapore has two distinct monsoon seasons. The northeast season lasts from December to March, while the southwest monsoon season lasts from June to September.

However, October and January are the wettest months of the year. It rains all year round. It rains an average of 178 days a year in the capital! In spite of this, the nation enjoys a decent amount of sunshine. During the months of May and July, you may enjoy a dry season.

As with its Malaysian neighbor, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore’s year-round climate is marked by extremely high temperatures and a moderately humid environment.

Seasonal and day/night temperature variations are minimal, and the island is never significantly cooled by rain. It is possible to visit Singapore at any time of year because the country has no winter and temperatures seldom fall below 20 °C (20 degrees Fahrenheit).

> Singapore is tropical and humid all year round.
> The warmest time of the year is June-July.
> In December the northeast monsoons bring heavy rains, but cool the air.

Avoid the rainy season to enjoy the holidays more

Between February and August, there is very little to no rain, and this time period is known as the dry season for this reason. In terms of rainfall, records show that February and April are the driest months of the year.

There are many droughts, but the smoke from the Sumatran fires will make it difficult for you to enjoy the landscapes between the months of May and September, so we recommend that you avoid traveling between May and August and instead opt for the cooler, drier months of September and October, which are also less prone to rain.

“When are the skies clear?” Southeast Asia is always at risk of rain, but fewer rainy days and more sunny hours could make Singapore’s best attractions even easier to reach.

In Singapore, the rainy season lasts from September to February, and the months with the highest rainfall are November, December, and January, according to data. In spite of this, the sun’s rays are always intense.

Is there anything you need to remember? On rainy days, wear sunscreen and a light jacket. No matter what time of year you want to visit, you should always start your day early in order to escape the crowds and high temperatures that can occur in the early afternoon.

The best time to travel to Singapore and go shopping

Unbelievable discounts are available throughout June and July. Annual Singapore sales events like these are known as the Great Annual Singapore Sales (GASS). During this time, store hours are extended to better accommodate the needs of the general public.

Capsuland building at night singapore

If you’re traveling in that month, February 12 is Chinese New Year’s Day. You’ll save a lot of money if you get your tickets early, and the streets will be decked out in spectacular lighting and decorations. This is a must-see event!

The worst time to travel to Singapore

 November and December are the worst months to visit the city.

Despite the fact that the weather isn’t very chilly, it’s not the finest time of year to take in the city’s beautiful streets.

The increase in hotel occupancy can be attributed to two distinct occurrences. Between May and June, the Great Singapore Sale (during which various hotels offer special rates) and the Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix (held in September), two major events, draw a large number of people to the city. If you want to travel during these two events, you should book your lodging ahead of time.

If you don’t plan on attending the F1 Grand Prix in Singapore, we advise you to avoid the city at all costs.

How much time should you plan for Singapore?

Marina bay park

Singapore is a great jumping-off point for trips to other Southeast Asian countries, as well as to Australia and New Zealand. Because of its central location, Singapore is an excellent starting or ending point for a journey.

In order to see the most essential landmarks, you just need two days. However, we recommend that visitors spend at least three to five days in Singapore because there is so much more to see and do here. It’s been more than a week since our last visit.

Arrival & documents

Asia-bound flights.

One of Asia’s busiest airports, Changi Airport serves a wide range of destinations. The airport is also regarded as one of the world’s top facilities, which we can only affirm.

There are several airlines offering flights to and from Singapore, making it easy to travel across Southeast Asia.

Bus services between Malaysia and Singapore

The bus is typically the fastest and cheapest way to get from Singapore to Malaysia or vice versa.

In many ways, they are superior to any other coaches in terms of comfort. You’ll have plenty of legroom because rows like row B usually only have three seats.

Buying bus tickets online in advance is the best option. In many cases, you may then just select a seat from the available options.

What documents do I need to enter Singapore?

A valid passport is required for all visitors to Singapore. You must have this valid for six months after your return. Tourists do not need a visa.

A 30-day residency permit is provided to passengers arriving by plane. You will only be granted a 14-day residency permit if you arrive by land or water.

If you've already started a pack of cigarettes, you'll need to declare them when you enter the country. Because of the severe consequences of illegally bringing cigarettes into the country, we advise against doing so and instead relying on the local market.
You may not bring in chewing gum either. To our knowledge, however, this has never resulted in any negative consequences. However, safe is safe.

What should you definitely pack?

Singapore is very hot all year round. Pack light, but don’t leave home without a lengthy undergarment. Because of the air conditioning, T-shirts and shorts have fast become a thing of the past in places like shopping malls, restaurants, and museums.

It should be noted that in Singapore, shorts and “revealing” Western-style apparel is not an issue.

Getting Around Singapore

Singapore’s public transportation system is among the best in the world. MRT is the name of Singapore’s subway system. It’s fast, inexpensive, and often connects Singapore’s most popular sites.

Choose between single tickets or a recharging EZ-Link card for MRT travel. If you don’t mind having to wait in line at the ticket machine before every ride, we strongly recommend the EZ-Link card.

To receive an EZ-Link card, you must go to the ticket counters at all major metro stations, not the machines. The card costs 12 Singapore Dollars (about 8.5 USD), of which 7 SGD are already credited toward travel.

In addition, the EZ-Link card may be purchased at any 7-Eleven store. There is a 10 SGD fee, which includes a 5 SGD credit.

In and out of a subway station, simply put your card in the reader and you’ll be charged according to the distance traveled. The cost of a ride ranges from as little as 0.71 Singapore dollars (about 0.50 USD) for short trips to as much as 2-3 Singapore dollars (about 1 to 2 USD) for lengthy ones.

The EZ-Link card may be simply topped up at any of the station’s machines. All stations reveal your balance as soon as you exit.

Take the MRT from Singapore Airport to the city

The eastern edge of Singapore is home to Changi Airport Singapore, which is around 20 kilometers away from the city center. Getting to and from the airport is simple and quick thanks to a variety of transportation choices.

Take the MRT from Singapore International Airport to the city.

The MRT is the most cost-effective method of getting into the city from the airport. In roughly 40 minutes, the MRT will get you to the city center for about 2 SGD, but you’ll have to get out and switch trains.

After that, go on the Changi Airport Line and get off at Tanah Merah. You may then use the MRT East-West Line (EW) to go to the heart of the city. From 5:30 a.m. until about 11:00 p.m., the trains run.

Taxi from the airport to the city center of Singapore

A cab is, without a doubt, the most convenient mode of transportation. To find a cab at the airport, simply follow the signs. Because traffic in Singapore is generally not too severe, you’ll get to your location in 20 to 30 minutes more often than not for a price between 25 and 35 SGD (15 to 25 USD).

Understanding the language and culture of the area

Singapore is a cultural and religious melting pot. There are four official languages in this country: Chinese, English, Malay, and Tamil.

English is the primary language used in government, business, and the general public. English is spoken in the schools to make it simpler for students from diverse ethnic backgrounds to communicate.

people walking on street during daytime singapore

There are a lot of people who speak English in Singapore, so it shouldn’t be hard for you to get your point across.

Concerns about Singapore’s safety.

The city-state of Singapore is renowned for its safety. Singapore is a crime-free city, unlike many other major metropolises. Part of the reason for this is the country’s strict laws and harsh punishments.

Is tap water supply available in Singapore?

Singapore’s tap water is safe for consumption. In terms of flavor, it’s not a huge surprise.

Share your love
Daniel Wong
Daniel Wong
Articles: 123

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is Copyright protected!
10 Best Steamboat & Hotpot Restaurants in Singapore 10 Romantic places to visit in Singapore for couples 10 Best Seafood Restaurants In Singapore 10 “Great Singapore Sale” shopping mistakes you should avoid 10 Best Buffets in Singapore 2022